Let's face it, men and women are different. Men and women are different physically as well as psychologically. Men and women are different but there is one thing, however, that they have in common and that is, that both are at a loss when it comes to understanding their opposite.
Sometimes our differences can cause problems in our relationships. Below are eight possible wishes that women wish men knew about which can help men relate to women. Because I cannot speak for all women, the wishes below are from my perspective as a woman.
1. Wish men knew how we operateMen, it would be great if you could relate to us on an emotional level because that's how we express ourselves. Feeling is at the core of our being. Everything affects us in a feeling kind of way, such as, people, places, things and experiences. Since we are moved by feelings, we will react and express ourselves based on our feelings. We feel all kinds of feelings throughout our day, such as, happiness, sadness, worry, fear and anger. One minute, you may see us cry and the next minute, you may see us laughing. A dreary environment can also affect our feeling, that’s why we go out of our way to beautify our homes. Since our environment affects our feelings, it would be wise for you to take us out to beautiful places.
2. Communication is important to us. We love to talk because it makes us feel connected. We need emotional connection and talking is how we get it. Talking also helps us to release our feelings. If we do not talk, we will become overwhelmed by feeling too many feelings. To connect with us, you need to communicate because silence to women, is a sign that something is wrong.
3. We love to feel cared for. We know how good it feels to be cared for from those we have cared for. Women love to be cared for. If a woman is sick, nurture her back to health, bring her some soup and help her with the chores that have been neglected. If a woman is upset, hold her and talk out her feelings with her, this will help her move on to happier feelings. Women also love to be touched in a non sexual way. They love holding hands and to be held and cuddled too.
4. We love appreciation. We show love for a man through our dedication. Women will do whatever it takes to give men all the comforts of home, such as, cooked meals, clean clothes, companionship, support, and keep the house clean. We work hard to provide you with the comforts of home and would love your appreciation. Please do not take our dedication for granted, please pick up after yourselves and put your dirty clothes in the hamper, otherwise we will feel like your mother instead of your wife, which will cause us act like your mother instead of your wife!
5. Loyalty and respect are important to us. We work so hard to get your loyalty and respect by providing you with intimacy, companionship, emotional support, clean clothes, cooked meals and a clean bed. In order to have a successful relationship, both partners must be loyal and dedicated to each other. Please do not give your loyalty and dedication to another woman while we are loyal and dedicated to you, as this would be the ultimate betrayal for the years we have spent caring for you..
6. We don't like being controlled. Some men think that the only way they can feel powerful is by taking away the power of another. The problem with controlling men is that they use their power to benefit themselves at the expense of women. What good is the power of men if they are the only ones who benefit from it? Men, if you want to feel powerful, why not share your power with us so that we can benefit from it. You will feel more empowered by our appreciation!
7. Why we love to shop. Women are gatherers. We shop to get things that are necessary to maintain the household, such as food, bath items, linens, cleaning supplies and clothing. Sometimes we go shopping with our friends just to socialize and keep up with the latest trends. If we spend money on ourselves, it is most likely because we want to beautify ourselves for you.
8. We need men. We may not say it as often as we should but we really do need you. You possess gifts that we do not have. Because of your physical power, you have built us a home and a car to drive. Because of your physical power, you can move furniture to places we cannot and carry in more grocery bags from the car than we can. Because we lack physical power, we look to you for protection. Your physical power makes us feel safe.
We not only witnessed your physical power by watching you build houses and lift heavy equipment, but we also experienced it, when you picked us up and carried us off to bed on our wedding night. The gifts that you possess are truly a gift to us.